Welcome to the Swim Team and Brookside Swim Club. We will be swimming in the New Jersey Swimming & Diving Conference A League
this summer. Regular Swim Meets are on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
The Mini Minnow Meet fundraiser is on a Sunday in July 23rd. All parents are expected to
work regular meets and Mini Minnow Meet. Older swimmers are also expected to work
Mini Minnow Meet and can receive community service for their time. Championships are
mandatory for all swimmers and are scheduled for the weekend of July 28th.
Swim Team Policies:
• Membership - All Swim Team Members must be a fully paid member of Brookside Swim Club. We offer a Swim Team only membership that is required for all swimmers who are NOT already members. This will allow you to swim ONLY during practice and swim meets.
• 15 Minute Rule - The coaching staff will not allow any swimmer into practice more than 15 minutes late. This rule is strictly enforced.
• Missing meets – If there is a meet you cannot attend, the coach/Swim Team Representative must receive at least three days advance notice in writing. It is unfair to other swimmers when a child is entered into a meet and they do not show up. If a swimmer does not attend a meet that he/she is expected to attend, they will not be entered into the next meet.
• Attendance – While the coaching staff understands that summertime brings with it a multitude of activities, vacations, camps etc… We ask that you provide some consideration concerning attendance during the short season and attend as many practices as possible.
• Behavior – All swimmers are expected to display appropriate behavior during practices and meets. Good sportsman like behavior including cheering for other team members and encouraging improvement are suggested.
• Transportation – Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from all practices and meets. Swimmers should be dropped off for practice so that they can be ready to begin at the scheduled practice start time and should be picked up as soon as practice is over.