Swim Team Cost
- All swim team members must have a swim club membership, either as a family, a junior single or swim team only club membership (must be 10 years old for junior individual swim club memberships).
- The swim team fee (incremental to swim club membership) for the 2020 modified season is $70 for 1st swimmer and $50 for each additional swimmer in the same family.
- No team swim suits to order at this time.
- The swim team only swim club membership can be used for team members that are not already a family or single member of the swim club. This membership will only give you access to the pool for swim practice and swim meets. A swim team only member will not be able to use the pool at any other time.
- Swim Team Membership = $135 (incremental to swim team fee)
Communications & Web Site
- Communication is the key to a great swimming experience. The coaches and the parent rep will be communicating to the team on a frequent basis throughout the season. Please check this web site and your email regularly for swim team announcements.
- If you need to speak with a coach regarding a coaching or swimming issue, please feel free to email the coach using the emails listed on our coach’s web page. You can also speak to the coaches before or after practice. The coaches ask, however, that you do not speak to them on deck during meets or practices. While on deck, our coaches’ priority is our children and they want to be able to focus their complete attention on them.
- Weather related cancellations of practices and meets will be communicated as soon as possible in order for everyone to have enough time to plan accordingly. At times, however, spring/summer storms can be unpredictable and last minute cancellations may be required.
Parent Meet Jobs
All families are expected to work during our swim season (some may be asked to work more; for example, officials & scorers). Swim meets cannot be run effectively without the help and cooperation of all parents. Sign-ups for jobs will occur on the web site when the meets are posted. If you are assigned a job for a meet, and then cannot make that meet, you must find a suitable replacement.
Below is the list of jobs for a typical season. However, 2020 is not typical, so only certain jobs will be needed:
Setup: Responsible for setting up the lanelines, flags and starting blocks. Arrive 30 minutes prior to warm ups.
Breakdown/Cleanup: Responsible for meet clean up. Lanelines are to be rolled up onto reel, starting blocks taken out and put away and pull down flags and poles.
Scoring Table: Responsible for recording swimmers times, determining order of finish and tallying team points. Meet point scoring is INDIVIDUAL 1st - 6, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 3, 4th - 2, 5th - 1 RELAYS 1st - 8, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 2 (only two relays from each team can score points)
Meet Manager: For dual meets where we use Meet Manager software, you will enter times from the scorers for each swimmer into a laptop to record meet results.
Ribbons: Responsible for writing out the ribbons at home meets.
Runner: Responsible retrieving timer and across the board sheets and delivering them to the scorers table during the meet.
Announcer: Responsible for announcing events, heats, swimmers names and other announcements as needed.
Timers: Responsible for operating the stopwatch to record a swimmer’s time on the timer sheet. There are 2 timers per lane, one timer records the swimmers names and stopwatch times on the timer sheet.
Swimmer Stickers: Give swimmers stickers with their names prior to their events that they provide to their lane timer.
50/50 Sales: Responsible for selling 50/50 tickets during the meet and overseeing the selection of the winning ticket.
Refreshments: Responsible for setting up the refreshment table and selling food & drink items during the meet.
Be a Great Swim Parent!
- Be your child's biggest fan! Support them, be positive and help them feel good about themselves, no matter what, and especially after a poor swim!
- Let the coaches coach! Try not to make your swimmer feel like they are being critiqued - tell them they did a great job no matter what. No one does their best time at every meet!
- Do not disrupt their swim training. Get your swimmer to practice every day, and be on time (and pick them up on time). Encourage them to do their best while they are at practice, but please do not try to coach them or scold them during practice.
- Pay attention to the team rules on attending, entering and scratching from meets.
- Let us know as soon as possible if a swimmer can not attend a meet by using the meet "will attend/will not attend" designation for each meet (at least two days before each meet) or if at the last minute, contact us by email.
- Make the summer season a fun one for both you and your swimmers!
Helpful Mobile Apps
|The SwimTopia app is a companion app to our web site that will give you quick access to the meet schedule, swim meet entries, best times and volunteer commitments for everyone in your family! A valid SwimTopia login is required to use this app. This app will not work without an existing Brookside SwimTopia login.|
|The Meet Mobile app transforms the swim meet experience for parents. This app will give you real time access to many of the championship meets we participate in. Download Meet Mobile now to follow your swimmers and swim meets.|